Toy Safety Standard (ST Standard)
- Toy Safety Standard (ST Standard) is a voluntary standard of Japan Toy Association. Toys that pass ST standard can show ST mark.
ST Part II: Flammability
- Burnable toys are associated with the risk of burns. We will investigate flammability such as burning speed when exposed to flame to see if the toy tested conform to the standard.
- Examination to check whether celluloid, or materials with the same material in fire as celluloid, is presented in toys.
- Examination to check whether burning speed when toys are exposed to flame is within the limit level.
- Examination to check whether surface flash is produced when toys are placed near flame.